Immigration DNA Testing in NYC Reuniting Families – What You Need to Know
They say the greatest things in life are free – like the bond we share with our families. Many of us immigrated to the United States in the pursuit of life, liberty, and happiness – though some of us had to leave our families behind to do so. Fortunately, immigration DNA testing in NYC makes it possible to verify familial ties and reunite your relatives as legal migrants.
NYC DNA Testing Centers is at the forefront of DNA collection centers in NYC striving to bring families together. Furthermore, our immigration DNA tests play a pivotal role in substantiating claims of familial ties between the petitioner and resident of another country.
How the Immigration DNA Testing Process Works
The U.S. Bureau of Consular Affairs handles all U.S. Visa applications for residents seeking citizenship. According to their site, U.S. citizens can petition for; a spouse, a son or daughter, a parent, or a sibling. Furthermore, Green Card holders can petition for a spouse or unmarried son or daughter.
A matching genetic profile, or DNA test, is required to transfer U.S. citizenship to relatives living abroad. In certain cases, the bureau will request more supporting evidence to add to the claim via the form of a mailed letter to the petitioner. Establishing a genetic relationship is an absolute requirement of the process – therefore immigration DNA testing becomes an invaluable tool in the absence of other supporting documents.
Should you get that letter from the department requesting more supporting evidence, your best avenue is to choose immigration DNA testing. Additionally, our test results are greater than 99.99% accurate. Hence, they streamline the process of establishing a biological relationship – which helps to advance the application.
Immigration DNA Testing in New York City – Step-by-Step
The USCIS will contact you to provide them with a DNA relationship test to prove your familial relationship.
- First, the Embassy in the petitioner’s home country collects paperwork and a DNA sample from the American citizen hoping to reunite with their family member. After collection, they ship to a laboratory accredited by the American Association of Blood Banks. Take note that the bureau only accepts laboratories accredited by the AABB for immigration cases. Our partner facility is an AABB Accredited laboratory and all of our collectors are Certified AABB Relationship Sample Collectors .
- Secondly, the laboratory accepts the applicant’s DNA. After receipt, they ship a DNA kit with an identical case number to the American Embassy pertaining to the beneficiary’s home country.
- Once the American Embassy receives the collection kit, they contact the beneficiary to schedule an appointment and retrieve their DNA sample.
- After, the US Embassy retrieves the sample and sends it to the laboratory for review.
- The laboratory receives the DNA kit from the Embassy and examines both sets of DNA.
- Finally, after the testing concludes, the AABB-accredited laboratory compiles and ships their results to the Embassy.
- Ultimately, once samples are collected at the Embassy, they are shipped back directly to the laboratory for DNA analysis.
- As a side note, be informed that there are a few countries that mandate you to pay shipping costs. Ultimately, we inform you of those circumstances when we encounter them.
Don’t Wait For Immigration DNA Testing in NYC
When your relatives are waiting, there is no time to waste. Trust NYC DNA Testing Centers to provide you with accurate results in as little as 2 to 3 business days. Furthermore, we offer 5 convenient USCIS-approved DNA testing centers and mobile collections (in certain counties).
Ultimately, you cannot put a price on your family – but you can count on NYC DNA Testing Centers to help you reunite your family throughout every step of the process. Finally, if you have any questions, or would like to initiate a case, please call 866-362-9778 and we can even collect a sample for your immigration test the same day after it has been directed.
Our service area covers the five boroughs of New York (The Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens, Staten Island). You can schedule your DNA test at one of our collection sites or have a registered AABB Relationship testing sample collector come to you!
When it is not possible to test an alleged father, paternity can be established indirectly (i.e. grandparents, siblings, aunts, uncles, etc).
A DNA collection is quick and painless. A sterile swab is rubbed on the inside of your mouth for 20-30 seconds to collect cheek cells.
DNA Testing is extremely accurate. The laboratory meets or exceeds all standards established by the AABB. Results for a standard legal paternity test is guaranteed at least 99.99% probability of paternity for inclusions or 100% certainty of exclusion.
WHAT OUR CLIENTS ARE SAYING
A very discreet company, who was thorough, fast and a pleasure to work with. Every time I called with questions, they were patient, understanding and took all the time I needed to answer all questions I had about testing.